We are so thankful for the past 12 months. We are the luckiest parents in the world! Cooper continues to amaze us every single day and brings us more joy and happiness than we ever knew possible.
Height: 32 in. (96%)
Weight: 25.85 lbs. (87%)
Head Circumference: 19.5 in. (99%)
During his first year Cooper grew 10″ in height, gained 16 lbs in weight, his head grew 4.5″ in diameter, and he sprouted 7 teeth, pretty incredible to think about.
- Development: Cooper has started to pop up and crawl on his knees for a few strides before moving back to army crawling, he is getting much quicker at pulling up on the couch, loves to make bubble noises with his mouth, and continues to love peekaboo and no longer needs to hide behind something to get a giggle.
- Physical: Cooper’s hair is starting to lay down now, it is being helped along by the length and heat. He is still in size 4 diapers, 18 month cloths and has 7 teeth. His eyes are still the blue-gray newborn color, but do seem to change slightly depending on the color of clothes he is wearing.
- Bedtime routine: We start at 6:30pm with a bath and then an 8oz bottle at 7pm. In his room we change him into a nighttime diaper (size 4), read three books, put him into a sleep sack, give him head kisses good night and sing a song. He still flips over to his belly before falling asleep.
- Eating/Naps: We start the day with an 8oz bottle of formula, an hour or two later he will have oatmeal mixed with a veggie puree before taking a nap. Around 11am he will have another bottle of milk. Then around 12:30 he has some lunch before his afternoon nap (~1 hour long). He has another 6oz. bottle around 3. We then give him dinner with us at 5:30 and are moving closer to giving him everything we are eating. For our cross country trip we kept Cooper on West coast time and he fully embraced this strategy.
- Foods he has eaten: He continues to eat everything we put in front of him and we haven’t added anything to his not like list since Mama’s pureed green beans.
- Sleeping: Cooper is still an awesome sleeper and okay napper. His morning nap is around 20 minutes and afternoon nap is closer to an hour. He goes to sleep around 7:30 and wakes up at 6:30.
- 12 month firsts: Crawling on knees, cross country road trip, swimming in a pool, eating from a kids menu, attending a baseball game and birthday celebration.
All of his 12 month pictures are posted here.