Official stats will have to wait until our next doctor appointment, which is at 9 months. We did a quick weight check on our bathroom scale and Cooper weighs around 22lbs.
- Development: Cooper does an adorable “fish out of water” impression during tummy time frantically moving his legs and arms around. Sometimes he can get his butt in the air, but crawling seems like it will still be a few weeks out. He is a solid sitter and can usually gracefully move to his belly from sitting when reaching for a toy. He can complete a full roll including from belly to back now. Cooper can move around on his belly by using his arms to move in circles with an occasional roll to get to something out of reach. His first two teeth popped in on the bottom within just a few days of each other. Cooper loves to give open mouth kisses and occasionally can chomp down where we feel his teeth against our cheeks.
- Physical: His hair is still super fluffy even as it continues to get longer and is getting darker. He moved from size 3 to 4 diapers and then back to size 3 after eating more solids which lead to less blowouts. He now wears size 12 month clothes and we moved him to a big kid car seat that stays in the car.
- Bedtime routine: We start at 7pm giving Cooper a 6-9 oz bottle. In his room we change him into a nighttime diaper (size 3), read a book, put him into a sleep sack, give him head kisses good night and sing a song. We can tell how tired Cooper is by how he is sleeping. If he is on his back, he fell asleep instantly and if he has a little energy left he uses it to flip to his stomach before falling asleep. When we change him into his diaper and pajamas he gets so happy and talkative. Here is a video from one of our night time routines and the craziest part is that he is fast asleep within 15 minutes of these giggles.
- Eating/Naps: We start the day with an 8oz bottle of breast milk (I am pumping 4-5 times a day for 20 minutes) at 7am, an hour later he will have a 3.5 oz jar of puree before taking a nap. Around 11am he will have another 2 jars of puree and 6 ounces of milk (or just 9oz of milk if we are out and about). Typically around 1pm he will go down for an hour+ long nap and wake up for a 9oz bottle at 2 or 3pm. We then try and feed him another 2 jars of puree close to our dinner time (6pm) which is followed up with a bottle at Cooper’s 7pm bedtime. When drinking a bottle Cooper loves to either run his hand against your face or grab his feet until he gets his socks off.
- Foods he has eaten: Oatmeal, squash, sweet potatoes, peas, green beans, prunes and pears. His favorites are squash and pears, but we also haven’t found a food he doesn’t like.
- Sleeping: Cooper is still an awesome sleeper and goes down around 7:30pm and now that I am home during the week I typically get up with him at 7am.
- 8 Month Firsts: rolling, sitting in a restaurant high chair and grocery cart, 2 teeth, real poop, and many new foods.
All of his 8 month pictures are posted here.