The next stats will be with our doctor visit at 4 months
- Physical: Nicholas loves to smile and coo while kicking his legs after a full belly. He enjoys grabbing for the animals on his playmat, especially the sheep. Tummy time is getting better and he can lift his head off the ground for a few seconds at a time. He is wearing size 3-6 month clothes.
- Eating: He eats every 2 hours usually from both sides. He typically spits up a fair amount while being burped and about an hour after eating. We are starting to introduce the bottle.
- Pooping: Size 2 diapers seem to do the trick for capturing the content these days, and his frequency has reduced to once or twice a day.
- Sleeping: Nicholas is a fantastic sleeper going down at 9pm and waking up at 5:30am. Rob’s alarm clock goes off at 5:20am and the whole house is up by 6:30am most days. He is trending towards a longer snooze in the morning at 10am and afternoon at 2pm.
- Crying: He primarily cries before the sleeping part of his 2 hour cycle and after each side when feeding/burping. He moves quickly from a quiet/sleepy state to crying and sometimes screaming. This can happen when he wakes from a nap and almost always when he is put in the car. Some days it seems tied to needing to be burped or poop, but we are still sorting out how to help him consistently.
- This month’s party tricks summed up in the words of Cooper: “Suck hand” (primarily the pointer finger knuckle on his left hand, even to the point of hickey marks), “Eat Nick-S” or “Eat the Boob” when he is nursing, “Kicking” especially when he is in his bouncy chair during mealtime, “Silly” when he is kicking or talking and “Sad” when he is crying.
- Nicknames: Rob’s favorite is Mr. Snuggles, Cooper calls him Nick-S or Silly and I like Bumpkin
- Firsts: Night away from home and visit to Oregon, first hike