Stats – Length: 24″ (85%), Weight: 13lbs 12oz (91%), Head Circumference: 16.25 in. (81%)
Wow, Nicholas is already 2 months old. Time really is going by fast.
- Tummy time: We are just starting tummy time and he isn’t a big fan. It usually triggers crying or sometimes he just goes to sleep.
- Neck strength: He holds his head up right like a gopher and is much less floppy now.
- Smiling: We get a few smiles a day from our reserved little guy. Daddy gets the most with his silly faces. For some reason the changing table seems to bring out the smiley side of Nicholas. We guess a clean diaper makes him really happy.
- Physical: Nicholas’ eyes have turned to a lighter shade of blue and most of the newborn gray is gone now. He has lost most of his hair on the top of his head, but still has the longer dark hair mullet section. The tops of his little ears and shoulders still have some soft dark hair on them. It appears he has his mother’s toes where the second and third toes are longer than the first, lucky guy 😉 He is wearing size 0-3 month clothes.
- Eating: He enjoys eating every 2 hours during the day with a longer stretch in the late morning and late afternoon. He is a great eater and we can complete a feeding in 30-45 minutes.
- Pooping: Poop comes in threes here. If you heard one it is worth waiting 10 minutes until all 3 rounds have passed before changing the diaper. It has turned from the mustard yellow to green in color. The baseball sized diaper (size 1) gives away if he has peed, we don’t really need the blue stripe to tell us.
- Sleeping: Nicholas loves being in a carrier and it usually puts him instantly to sleep. We are typically out for a couple of hours at 10am each day and Nicholas can sleep through most of the activity if he is in a carrier. He usually takes a later afternoon nap of about an hour. Other than those two longer periods during the day he enjoys 10 minute cat naps about an hour after eating. During the night he will sleep for a 5-6 hour and then 3 hour chunk of time. Between these two longer sleeping times, usually at 3am, the complete diaper change, feeding, burping and rocking back to sleep can be done in about an hour.
Helping Mama make cookies from the carrier
- Crying: Nicholas still has a strong set of lungs. The crying has definitely decreased as he is getting older. Most often he is upset before falling asleep or when he is hungry. He is a fan of walks in the carrier, but not a fan of car rides and often cries so hard it becomes silent. It is horrible to hear and we are still searching for solutions to get him more comfortable. We have found swinging him in the car seat with a binky can calm him pretty quickly. He spends most of the day in my arms and evening in his Daddy’s arms since he really does not enjoy being set down.
- Nicknames: Rob’s favorite is Mr. Snuggles, Cooper loves to call him Baby and I am still searching for the perfect nickname.