Rob did a great job taking pictures of Cooper for our Christmas card. I feel pressure to capture all things Cooper in one cute picture for this annual mailing. This picture wasn’t captured before we had some fun. Rob likes to say this photo captures Cooper thinking “not this again.” For the record, for the pictures that followed with the antlers, he was all smiles.
Cooper 6 month stats: Height – 28.86 in. (98%) Weight – 19.34 lbs. (78%) Head Circumference – 18.78 in. (100% – We didn’t know you could actually hit 100% for any of these stats :))
- Development: Cooper is rolling over from back to front. He enjoys sticking his tongue out.
- Physical: His hair appears to be darkening and getting longer (especially the ~10 hairs that are 3x as long as all the others), his eyes are turning a darker grey/blue color and he still shows two dimples with big smiles.
- Bedtime routine: Start around 7:30pm with an 8oz bottle, change diaper, read a book, put into sleep sack, head kisses good night and a song. Binkies have primarily been used for nap time and he doesn’t seem to suck on his hands or need a binkie at night.
- Eating: Cooper is eating 9 ounces every 3 hours. We are feeding him 1/2 formula and 1/2 breastmilk. On the weekends I typically breastfeed him in the morning when my supply is fullest and can meet his 8oz demand. Cooper is now doing a hysterical thing where after eating he grabs a hold of your neck and starts sucking on our jaw line
- Sleeping: Cooper is still an awesome sleeper and goes down around 7:30pm and we wake him up at 6 during the week and sometimes he sleeps until 7 on the weekends.
- Crying: He really only cries when he is hungry or sleepy. Being in daycare now he seems to be adjusting nicely to being put in a crib for his naps and typically takes 2-3 a day.
- 6 Month Firsts: Giggling, meeting Santa, and rolling over
All of his 6 month pictures are posted here.