Our next doctor visit is at 4 months, so we have no official growth stats to report this month.
This picture perfectly captures our Cooper these days. He loves to bring his legs up and roll over to his right side. We have now added a nickname of Mr. Potato Bug to our favorites.
One of our favorite pictures from the month:
His neck is getting much stronger. He can lift his head 90 degrees during tummy time and loves to hold it up when you help him stand or sit-up. Cooper loves to stand a lot during the day, but by the evening his little neck gets tired and his head tends to hang down when he stands.
Cooper is much more interactive with the mobile on his swing and the animals on his playmat. He can bat at the animals with his legs and arms to have them make noise. He is also talking more these days and loves to chat it up while smiling at you.
- Smiling: Cooper loves to smile and will do so over and over again, eating up the attention it brings him
- Eating: He is still eating every 3 hours or so and enjoys a 2-6oz top off bottle at night before bedtime
- Pooping: Size 2 diapers seem to do the trick for capturing the content these days, and his frequency has reduced to once or twice a day.
- Sleeping: Cooper is still an awesome sleeper and goes down between 8-10pm and wakes up between 6-7am. This usually buys me an extra 30-60 minutes of resting time while Rob gets ready in the morning, but before Cooper wakes up for the day.
- Crying: He primarily cries just before the sleeping part of his 3 hour cycle begins and sometimes between sides when feeding/burping. Solutions for the pre-nap cry have been holding him in your arms with a binkie while walking around and bouncing him or putting him in the Bjorn with a binkie and walking around. He is not too happy when you stop moving during this tough crying period, but is fine if you stop once he falls asleep.
- Nicknames: Rob’s favorite is Mr. Cuddles and my favorite is Love Bug and now we both use Mr. Potato Bug primarily when we are changing him and he insists that his legs be up.
- Firsts: Commercial airplane ride to Tucson
Here is a picture of Cooper and his friends during the 6th week of our PEPS group on 9/4, Cooper is on the bottom, in green:
More 3 month pictures here.